Brown fused alumina is an abrasive composed mainly of aluminium oxide and is almost iron-free. Brown fused alumina while fusing calcined bauxite at higher than 2000 °C temperature in an electric arc furnace. Brown fused alumina abrasive is durable and tough material (9 in Mohs scale), angular shape with renewing edges. This abrasive is also ecologically clean and free of not respirable crystalline silica (SiO2). It has relatively high thermal conductivity and low thermal expansion.
· Brown fused alumina is used to anchor pattern creation before coating or bonding, rust, scale removal, the sweeping, matte surface finish of steel, stainless steel, aluminium, non-ferrous metals, glass, stone, and other surfaces.
· It is widely used in various abrasive tools (abrasive paper, grinding discs, etc.).
· As an additive for wear-resistant floorings.
· Fire safety applications and ceramics.
· Not affecting the color of the processing cases.
· Sandblasting in the non-iron process.
· High-speed processing.
· Meager amount of iron oxide, suitable for blasting operations of non-ferrous metals.
Hardness: 9 Mohs
Specific gravity: ≥ 3,9-4,1 g/cm³
Total density: 1,5 – 2,1 kg/dm³
Storage conditions: dry and covered
Packing: 25 kg bags, 1 ton per pallet