1. Different colors: Because the alumina content of White Fused Alumina is higher than that of brown corundum, the color of White Fused Alumina is white, and the Brown Fused Alumina is brown-black.
2. Different composition: Although Brown Fused Alumina and White Fused Alumina both contain alumina, the alumina content of White Fused Alumina is above 99%, and the content of Brown Fused Alumina is about 95%.
3. Different raw materials: The raw material of BFA is bauxite and anthracite, and iron, But the raw material of WFA is alumina powder.
4. Different usage: Brown Fused Alumina can be used to manufacture ceramics, resin high-consolidation abrasives, grinding, polishing, sandblasting, precision casting, etc., and can also be used to manufacture advanced refractory materials. White Fused Alumina is suitable for grinding fine-grained abrasives such as high-carbon steel, high-speed steel, and stainless steel. White Fused Alumina can also be used for precision casting and advanced refractory materials.
5. Different properties: Brown Fused Alumina has the characteristics of high purity, good crystallization, strong fluidity, low linear expansion coefficient, and corrosion resistance. White Fused Alumina has the features of high purity, good self-sharpness, acid and alkali corrosion resistance, high-temperature resistance, and stable thermal performance. In comparison, the hardness of White Fused Alumina is higher than that of brown fused alumina.
6. Different production: White Fused Alumina is produced with alumina powder (same as raw material for electrolytic aluminum), while Brown Fused Alumina is directed with calcined bauxite.
7. Different objects: some high-end users use white Fused Alumina because its cutting strength is better, and its polishing effect is also perfect. It is mostly used for carbon steel, alloy steel, malleable cast iron, hard bronze, etc. At the same time, Brown Fused Alumina is the market Generally used; it is also a relatively large amount on the market, mostly used for hardened steel, high-speed steel, high carbon steel, etc.
White Fused Alumina has a strong cutting force and is used to remove metal or non-metallic burrs and pre-batch burrs. It has the function of polishing the surface of parts and belongs to medium polishing abrasives. Brown Fused Alumina is used to remove burrs on the surface of hardware parts such as stainless steel, carbon steel, and aluminum alloy. The grinding of Brown Fused Alumina is not as delicate and bright as White Fused Alumina.