Applied range of brown aluminum oxide
First,what is brown aluminum oxide?
Brown aluminum oxide is also called brown corundum,brown fused alumina and emery sand,which is made from calcined bauxite under high temperature by fusion process.
Because its high hardness,good toughness and highly grinding efficiency,it is widely applied in following fields.
1. Sandblasting – because brown aluminum oxide with medium hardness abrasive, high bulk density, no free silicon oxide, heavy specific gravity, good toughness, is an ideal “environmentally friendly” sandblasting material, widely used in aluminum profiles, copper profiles, glass, and washed denim precision molds etc;
2. Free grinding – abrasive grade abrasives, used in picture tubes, optical glass, free grinding of single crystal silicon, lenses, watch glass, crystal glass, jade and other fields. It is a commonly used high-end abrasive in China.
3. An abrasive type with suitable color, hardness, toughness, suitable particle cross-section and edge retention,it is ideal when used in resin abrasives.
4. Coated abrasives – Abrasive materials are raw materials from sandpaper manufacturers, gauze, etc.
5. Functional filler – mainly used for automobile brakes, special tires, special construction products and other collars that can be used as building highway pavement. Marina parking lot industrial flooring sports fields and other hard wearing materials.
6. Filter media – is a new application field of abrasives. The use of granular abrasives as the bottom medium of filter beds to purify drinking water or wastewater is a new type of water filtration material at home and abroad. It is especially suitable for non-ferrous metal mineral processing: oil drilling mud weighting agent
7. Hydraulic cutting – based on abrasives as cutting media, relying on high-pressure hydraulic jets for basic cutting, applied to cutting oil (natural gas) pipelines, steel and other components, it is a new, environmentally friendly and safe cutting method